Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 24: What qualities do you look for in a partner?

Listed in order of personal importance to me:

1. Honesty. Without trust, a relationship is nothing. I want my partner to feel comfortable telling me absolutely anything. If I look fat in these jeans, I want to know about it. If I said something hurtful, or annoying, or uncomfortable, I want to know about that, too. And I need to know that every word that comes out of my partner's mouth is true.

2. Kindness. Basic human kindness sometimes feels like a lost art. Being a good person, in the most basic sense of the word, is one of the most important things we can do. I don't think I could ever be with someone who wasn't kind, at their core.

3. Intelligence. I need someone who can keep up an intelligent conversation with me, and challenge my ideas. I want an intellectual sparring partner just as must as I want someone who can wrestle me down in the bedroom.

What do you find important in a partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment