Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 19: Any unexpected ways kink has improved your life?

Let me count the ways.

The prompt says "unexpected," so I assume noting how much sexual gratification it has given me would be off-topic. But that's a huge part of it. All these fantasies I never thought could come true suddenly became the bread and butter of my sex life. I was surrounded by folks who considered bondage as commonplace in a bedroom as milk in coffee, and that has made all the difference. The strong sense of sexual shame I'd carried with me my whole life, knowing that I desired impossible, dark things, ebbed away.

I've also met more friends than I can count through these communities, and discovered more about myself than I'd ever have thought possible. Literally everything important about my life has been tinged, impacted, and steered by kink, even if the influence was indirect. I would not be the woman I am today if I'd never picked up that first crop, or let that first collar be buckled around my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment