Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 21: Favorite BDSM related book (fiction or non-fiction)

Hands-down, not even a question, my favorite BDSM book is Dark Secret Love: A Story of Submission by Alison Tyler. It's like Ms. Tyler listened in on every one of my darkest fantasies, the ones I still don't dare to speak out loud, and wrote them down in the most beautiful prose you'll ever read. The characters are rich, the writing smooth like a really, really good shot of espresso (none of that Starbucks crap. You know the kind I mean), and the scenes are beyond delicious.

Lines from the book still echo in my mind, more than a year after I first read it. It's permanently eched on my consciousness, and I find myself fantasizing about chapters from the book as if they were my own desires. Because they are. Somehow this book managed to reflect the essence of why I submit, the essence of what D/s means for me. If you haven't read it, go pick up a copy. Right now. I'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment