Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 17: What misconception about kinky people would you most like to clear up?

This sort of dovetails with Day 16, but I'll reiterate: being kinky, and especially being a submissive woman, doesn't mean I'm not a feminist. I respect myself, and I absolutely respect other women. I choose to submit, but that has no bearing on how I think women deserve to be treated in general. Since when do bedroom antics dictate politics? I do think it's important to examine where these desires come from, as we obviously don't exist in a vacuum, but fantasies are fantasies. My top will whip me until I cry, but he'd never lay a hand on a woman who didn't want to be hurt. In fact, the idea of accidentally crossing that boundary terrifies him (as well it should). My desires don't say anything about me. I'm kinky. So what?

No comments:

Post a Comment